TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Whitsunday Times– $5,000 Cruise OR Cash Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of Queensland and reside in the Whitsunday Times and Whitsunday Coast Guardian newspaper distribution areas to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over.
- Contestants who select the Cruise as their prize preference must be available to travel on cruise between 07/12/2017 – 17/12/2017.
- Contestants must be present for the draw.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Adhoc Pty Ltd, Suite 2.4 Whitsunday Business Centre, 230 Shute Harbour Road, Cannonvale Qld 4802 ABN 12 010 505 049.
- To enter, Contestants must complete the following to form a valid entry:
- Collect the entry form from Whitsunday Coast Guardian between Wednesday January 11, 2017 and Wednesday April 5, 2017.
- Make a single purchase of $20.00 or more (incl. of GST) at the Reef Gateway Hotel, during the Promotion Period (see Clause 29) commencing Wednesday January 11, 2017.
- Complete the entry form in full, including ticking the nominated prize choice and signing the entry form confirming contestant is 18+.
- Attach the original receipt to the original entry form so they are secure; then drop entry into the secure barrel at the Reef Gateway Hotel inside the Front Entrance.
- One (1) original fully completed entry form and original receipt for a single purchase of $20.00 or more deemed a valid entry.
- An entry with receipts that add up to $20.00 will not be accepted.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted as part of a valid entry.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, each entry form and receipt of purchase submitted must be original. (Refer to Clause 9).
- A valid purchase of $20.00 or more in a single purchase may be made at any of the following Reef Gateway Hotel venues:
- Reef Gateway Bottle Shop;
- Reef Gateway Accommodation;
- Reef Gateway Bars;
- Reef Gateway Gaming Lounge; and
- Reef Gateway Bistro.
- Entries with receipts that add up to $20.00 will not be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant for:
- Tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
- Tampering with the entry process; or
- If the Contestant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to put the fair and proper conduct of the promotion in jeopardy.
- The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The competition commences on Wednesday January 11, 2017 and closes at 5:00pm AEST Friday April 7, 2017 (Promotion Period). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- Contestants must be present for the draw (refer Prize Draw). One (1) winner will be selected via random draw. The winner must present themselves within four (4) minutes from their name being announced as the winner to claim their prize.
- The winner will receive the prize they nominated on their entry form. This will be either the Cash Prize or the Cruise Prize.
- If the winner nominated the Cash Prize, they will receive:
- $5,000.00 Cash paid by crossed cheque ‘not negotiable’ in the winner’s name.
- Total value of the prize is $5,000.00.
- If the winner nominated the Cruise Prize, they will receive:
- One (1) Cruise Voucher redeemable at Helloworld Mackay.
- The Cruise Voucher must be presented to Helloworld Mackay for redemption and booking of the cruise by close of business Saturday April 22, 2017 or the prize will forfeit, and no extensions will be granted, nor another prize be awarded.
- The cruise is for two (2) adults on board the Ovation of the Sea, departing Sydney for New Zealand on December 7, 2017 and returning December 17, 2017.
- Category D8 Superior Ocean View Cabin with Balcony.
- Includes meals, water, tea and coffee and entertainment whilst on board.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize voucher is $5,000.00 (incl. of GST).
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash, exchanged or sold.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
FURTHER TERMS and CONDITION of CRUISE
- Confirmed travellers details must be provided to make the booking and cannot be altered.
- Any amendments or cancellations may incur fees. These are the responsibility of the winner and the Promoter is not liable for such fees.
- The participant is responsible for all expenses over and above what is included in the prize, including but not limited to spending money, meals, drinks, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, gratuities, service charges, flights, accommodation (other than specified), visas, passports, travel insurance, medical costs and all other ancillary costs.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to take out, at their own cost, all relevant insurance (including but not limited to travel insurance) which may be required or prudent to be taken out.
- The participant is responsible for ensuring that they and their travel companion are fit to travel.
- By participating in the Cruise Prize, the participant acknowledges and accepts that flying, driving, boating, travel and any other activities, may be inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses.
- All package travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage.
- The participant and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same port and are responsible for transport costs to and from their place of residence to the Cruise terminal in Sydney.
- It is the participant’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid identification, which meets the requirements of Government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination of travel.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any adverse conditions such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion, acts of terrorism or strikes that may occur whilst the participant and their travel companion is travelling.
- It is the responsibility of the participant and their travel companion to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
- The Promoter does not guarantee that the participant and their travel companion will enjoy the Trip or be suited to the type of Trip that is offered.
- If the advertised trip becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to provide the participant with a replacement trip of equal or higher value.
- It is a condition of taking the Cruise Prize that the participant must comply with all the conditions of use of the holiday and the supplier’s requirements. The trip must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a participant is unable to use the trip as stated.
39. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition.
iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
iv) Any contestant found to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
40. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via random draw held at Reef Gateway Hotel and drawn by Whitsunday Times staff. The draw will take place on Saturday April 8, 2017 at 2:00pm.
- Each entry drawn at random will be checked for validity prior to announcement of a winner. Entries that are found to be invalid will not form part of the draw.
- The winner will be announced and must be present themselves to the Whitsunday Times Staff within four (4) minutes of the draw to secure their prize.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Whitsunday Coast Guardian on Wednesday April 12, 2017 and the Whitsunday Times on Thursday April 13, 2017.
47. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
48. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
49. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
50. Any winner must provide Government issued photo identification to confirm the Contestant’s (or parent/legal guardian) identity and residence.
51. The winner be present at the draw and complete a Competition Release Form to collect their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
53. If the initial Cash/Cruise Prize winner does not present themselves to the Whitsunday Staff at the draw within four (4) minutes of announcement, another draw will be undertaken as per these terms and conditions until a winner comes forward to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
54. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
55. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods and/or services offered as prizes.
56. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
57. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
58. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
60. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.