A SHORT drive to Prossy and you could be flying somewhere for less than a steak dinner.
Budget airline Tigerair has slashed the fares on more than 8000 domestic tickets to celebrate welcoming the airline's 25 millionth passenger on board.
The sale, which could see you score a one-way ticket from $25, started at midday Wednesday and finishes at midday Saturday 9 September, or until seats sell out.
All fares available in this sale are for travel between late January and late June 2018, but it varies depending on the route.
From Prossy, you can catch flights to Brisbane between May 2 and June 27 for as little as $25, or head to Sydney during the same time period for $75.
"Twenty five million passengers is significant milestone - more than the population of Australia," Tigerair spokeswoman Vanessa Regan said.
"The majority of these customers have flown for less than $100. Today we've flown over 200,000 domestic flights and over 230 million km, delivering healthy competition to the budget air travel market."
Here's where the cheap seats are:
- Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine) > Brisbane: From $25 one way
- Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine) > Sydney: From $75 one way
- Townsville > Melbourne: $75 (May 2-June 27)
- Townsville > Melbourne: $95 (February 1-March 25)
- Brisbane > Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine): From $79
- Brisbane > Sydney: From $25
- Brisbane > Cairns: From $50
- Brisbane > Canberra: From $50
- Brisbane > Adelaide: From $75
- Brisbane > Darwin: From $75
- Brisbane > Perth: $75
- Brisbane > Melbourne: From $50
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.